The highlight of this region is Twyfelfontein â€“ Namibiaâ€™s first and only World Heritage Site â€“ with its wealth of rock engravings. Other special attractions are the majestic Brandberg with its treasure trove of ancient Bushman rock art and daunting rock-climbing challenges, the Petrified Forest, Burnt Mountain, Organ Pipes, the Spitzkoppe, and the Erongo Mountains.
- The region hosts Twyfelfontein, Namibiaâ€™s first World Heritage Site
- It is home to the ancient Damara people
- It offers Arts and crafts aplenty
- The region is dominated by the Brandberg, Namibiaâ€™s highest mountain
- Rock paintings and mineral deposits abound in the surroundings